Designed for Admins
Managing your disk usage can be hard, especially when you're hosting someone else's files. We know this well and built a tool to fit that need.
Secure by Simplicity
The more complex things get, the more insecure they become. Reports are completely static, so there is no chance of server-side vulnerabilities.
Cross Platform +
Built for portability using PHP 4.3+. But sometimes speed is everything, so we built platform-specific scripts as well.
Reports Stored as JSON
Fork on GitHub to customize it to fit your needs, and share your changes with the community!
No need to waste CPU time on your servers. Scanning and report generation are separated to allow you offload the heavy work elsewhere.
- Tested in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
- Tested in Apache HTTP Server and Microsoft IIS.
- The script that scans disk usage is available in three forms:
- Windows EXE:
Uses WinAPI-based C++ for speed. Fully supports UTF-8 file names.
- Linux Bash Script:
Uses the speedy GNU
- Multi-Platform PHP Script:
Not as fast, but works anywhere!
- Windows EXE:
- Navigate the report using a sortable directory tree. Sort by name, size or file count.
- Each directory has a separate JSON file, allowing the report to be very large with no impact on the client.
- Errors encountered during scanning and report generation are displayed in the report for easy troubleshooting.
- Supports Windows network shares.
- The original path of the scanned directory is hidden by default, just in case you want to keep it secret.
- Lists top 100 largest files within a directory.
- Last modified distribution, grouped by customizable time frames. Each time frame shows the total size and file count.
- File size distribution, grouped by customizable size ranges (e.g. 500 KB - 1 MB). Each time size group shows the total size and file count.
- File type distribution (e.g. .txt). Each file type shows the total size and file count.
- Supports UTF-8 file names.
- Support for translating the web UI.