Below is a tentative roadmap of future changes to Disk Usage Reports. There are no specific dates attached to the releases. To get a better understanding of how version numbers are incremented, see the About Version Numbers section of the documentation.
- Better handling of invalid UTF-8 characters in file names.
- Include sub directory count in totals.
- Improve CSS for better printing and small-screen (e.g. iOS, Android) support.
This version will focus on reducing the size of saved reports.
- Use PHP's
base_convert()to shorten hash length.
- Use single character key names in the
- Allow for reports to be generated without the list of files and/or specific totals.
- Do not save files for empty directories.
- Version in
settings.txtwill be increased to
- Use http://code.google.com/p/flot/ to display charts for tables.
- Allow reports to be compared against each other to show differences. For example, it will show if a directory or file increased/decreased in size.
- Optionally show bandwidth used by files by processing a custom web server log. The log would need to include the file system path of the file served and the bytes sent.
- Top 100 files by bandwidth used.
These are features I'm stil mulling over.
- Use JSZip and PHP's
gzcompressto compress the directory file. Compressed size is about 30% of original.